Thursday 3 April 2008

The mood




At first, I thought maybe because of the fancy book cover, the overall mood will be like so much fun. I began reading, and it was kind of interesting and unique story with serious mood, but I still liked it. Later on, i realized this whole book is about manipulating and hatred between poeple. Overall mood of Ender's Game saddened me. As i was reading it, it becomes more and more cruel. The mood was depressing, dark, and sad. It even made me to have compassion on Ender.

Ender had to do most of the things by force that he didn't want to do, doing something by force or pressure, controlled by someone is really hard and sad thing. He deals with this problems everyday, and it gives him so much stresses. Besides, people hate Ender because they are all jealous of his intelligence. He was always hated by people including his brother. Only one who loves Ender was his sister Valentine. So his sorrow reveals through this entire book.

No comments: