Monday 3 March 2008

The mood



Mood of overall story is serious, depressing, dark, and sad. As I was reading this, I was thinking if this book includes happy mood at the same time, it would be better. I wasn't happy as I read through. Everything was very serious, I fall asleep sometimes; not because the story is boring, it was because of the mood that this story contains. Except for the part when Clarisse came up, and also the ending, were serious. When Clarisse came up, that made me kind of smile because of strange relationship between her and Montag, and funny words that Clarisse makes. And for the ending it is happy ending, not sad ending. The ending was Guy built the new civilization with group of people who love book.

1 comment:

Karine Choi said...

Ina <3
I agree with your overall mood of the story. When i was reading the book i was also very serious. I wanted something happy to happen so i can have a smile on my face while i was reading this. But i also liked that it showed the reality of how people felt when the burning of the books were happening of if one person is ruling a country like a dictator.